Jobs for Minnesota Department of Human Services
The Minnesota Department of Human Services helps people meet their basic needs so they can live in dignity and achieve their highest potential. Consumers include: seniors who need help paying for hospital and nursing home bills or who need home-delivered meals, families with children who need help during a financial crisis, parents who need child support enforcement or child care money, and people with physical or developmental disabilities who need assistance to live as independently as possible.
DHS programs include Medical Assistance (MA), General Assistance Medical Care (GAMC), MinnesotaCare, Minnesota Family Investment Program (Minnesota's version of the federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program), General Assistance (GA), child protection, child support enforcement, child welfare services, and services for people who are mentally ill, chemically dependent or have physical or developmental disabilities.
DHS also provides direct service through its regional offices for the deaf and hard of hearing; through State Operated Services (SOS), which provides direct care to people with disabilities; and through the Minnesota Sex Offender Program.
Moose Lake and St. Peter provides inpatient services and treatment to people who are committed by the court as a sexual psychopathic personality or a sexually dangerous person.
State Operated Services programs include:
• Adult Mental Health Services, which are provided at the Anoka-Metro Regional Treatment Center and at 16-bed community behavioral health hospitals (CBHHs) located in Alexandria, Annandale, Baxter, Bemidji, Fergus Falls, Rochester, St. Peter, Wadena and Willmar. Other SOS community mental health services are provided at facilities in Duluth, Eveleth and Mankato.
• Forensic Services, which includes treatment at Minnesota Security Hospital in St. Peter, Minnesota Extended Treatment Options in Cambridge for people who pose a risk to the public.
• Forensic nursing home services are provided in St. Peter.
• Child and Adolescent Behavioral Health Services, which provides both inpatient psychiatric hospital services in Willmar and community-based foster home services to children and adolescents in need of mental health services.
• Minnesota Neurorehabilitation Services, Brainerd, which provides statewide consultation, assessment and services to individuals with traumatic brain injury.
• Minnesota State Operated Community Services, which provides statewide residential, vocational, and crisis support services for people with developmental and other disabilities.
• Community Addiction Recovery Enterprise, which provides chemical dependency treatment services in Anoka, Brainerd, Carlton, Fergus Falls, St. Peter and Willmar.
DHS employees work closely with employees from Minnesota's 87 counties and tribes, who provide most of the direct services to Minnesotans in need.
Click Here to visit the website of Minnesota Department of Human Services
Current Job Listings for Minnesota Department of Human Services
|Business Solutions Enterprise Systems Data Architect||Minnesota Department of Human Services|